Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tushar Swarnakar <tu...@mahindrabt.com> on 2002/05/08 06:00:02 UTC

Please help me out.........

Hi,
    I installed Apache 1.3.24 and Tomcat4.0 on Win NT server and copied libapr.dll in window's system folder and mod_webapp.so in modules folder and added following lines in httpd.conf of Apache.

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples

Then I started Tomcat and then Apache. Whenever I am going to access servlet, It is giving 404 file not found.
I am  attaching the catalina log file. Please help me out.

    Cheers
Tushar Kanti Swarnakar

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Re: Please help me out.........

Posted by Jon Ferguson <ca...@btinternet.com>.
Tushar,

I've got a similar setup but am using mod_jk rather than mod_webapp...
that's because I found a great article by Pascal Forget at ubeans.com
for setting things up with
loadbalanced Tomcat instances.

His suggested setup worked for me... and others on this list sorted out
my rewrite probs.... see the mod_rewrite thread..

Unfortunately, I'm new to this so don't know much about mod_webapp...
however.. I had to tell Apache to send servlets to the Jakarta
instances.. using mod_jk it looked like this:

JkMount /servlet/* loadbalancer
JkMount /*.jsp loadbalancer
JkMount /*.do loadbalancer...

the patterns pass through servlets, jsps and action targets for Struts
to the loadbalancer which distributes them to one of the Tomcat
instances.

Well at least its an idea!

Cheers,
Jon