Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/01/29 02:54:46 UTC

Tagging 0.98.0 RC1 tomorrow

We seem to be experiencing another extended JIRA outage in the middle of
the workday in my timezone. As far as I can tell there is at least one
unresolved critical issue (HBASE-10436). Also, I have several commits I
can't finish because as of now I can't pull patches from JIRA to apply.
Hopefully we can wrap this all up, and I can tag RC1 and generate the
artifacts tomorrow.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Tagging 0.98.0 RC1 tomorrow

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I've tagged 0.98.0 RC1 at r1562605 and will have artifacts ready later
today.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Andy:
JIRA is back up.

FYI

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks, aware of that. Those status reports are spotty and for example
there's been no mention of these recent JIRA outages while they are
happening. I really can't complain about the availability of a volunteered
resource but it is worth an email in explanation why a delay.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Tagging 0.98.0 RC1 tomorrow

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. It can fixed in a future point release

+1 on fixing in future release.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I'm ok with this too -- I marked it as a critical.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// jon@cloudera.com // @jmhsieh

Re: Tagging 0.98.0 RC1 tomorrow