Posted to builds@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 11:32:52 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 2116 - Still Failing

Hi,

[cc += builds@a.o]

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Apache Jenkins Server
<je...@builds.apache.org> wrote:
> Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/2116/ to view the results.

The problem is:

    [INFO] Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception is
    org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli
    .CommandLineException: Error setting up environmental variables
    error=12, Not enough space

I'm not sure if this is caused by the solaris1 slave running out of
memory or the Jackrabbit-trunk build just not having enough memory to
work with.

For now I updated the build to use MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1g
-XX:MaxPermSize=300m" to cover for the latter case. Let's see what
happens.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 2116 - Still Failing

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> IMHO/Maybe there are some zombies process running in the solaris
>> instances which eat the memory.
>
> Can someone with access to the slave check that?

Anyone? The build is still failing, with the latest error being:

    [INFO] Failed to create assembly: Failed to retrieve OS
environment variables.
    Reason: Cannot run program "env": error=12, Not enough space

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 2116 - Still Failing

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you guys talk about
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/2116/console
> You won't fix that with MAVEN_OPTS, when running surefire a new jvm is
> forked (which don't use MAVEN_OPTS).

OK, thanks. That's the bit I wasn't sure about; whether the error was
coming from the fork or the setup before that.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
If you guys talk about
https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/2116/console
You won't fix that with MAVEN_OPTS, when running surefire a new jvm is
forked (which don't use MAVEN_OPTS).
IMHO/Maybe there are some zombies process running in the solaris
instances which eat the memory.
I cannot log to the machine now but that's the possible trouble.

--
Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 2116 - Still Failing

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> hat am 7. Mai 2013 um 11:32 geschrieben:
> Hi,
>
> [cc += builds@a.o]
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Apache Jenkins Server
> <je...@builds.apache.org> wrote:
> > Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/2116/
> > to view the results.
>
> The problem is:
>
>     [INFO] Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception is
>     org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli
>     .CommandLineException: Error setting up environmental variables
>     error=12, Not enough space
>
> I'm not sure if this is caused by the solaris1 slave running out of
> memory or the Jackrabbit-trunk build just not having enough memory to
> work with.
We have the same problem with our PDFBox build. Thanks for the hint, at first
I thought the error is disc space related ....

> For now I updated the build to use MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1g
> -XX:MaxPermSize=300m" to cover for the latter case. Let's see what
> happens.
It did the thr trick for us, at least for our last build.

Thanks again for the input!

> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

Re: Jackrabbit-trunk - Build # 2116 - Still Failing

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> hat am 7. Mai 2013 um 11:32 geschrieben:
> Hi,
>
> [cc += builds@a.o]
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Apache Jenkins Server
> <je...@builds.apache.org> wrote:
> > Check console output at https://builds.apache.org/job/Jackrabbit-trunk/2116/
> > to view the results.
>
> The problem is:
>
>     [INFO] Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception is
>     org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli
>     .CommandLineException: Error setting up environmental variables
>     error=12, Not enough space
>
> I'm not sure if this is caused by the solaris1 slave running out of
> memory or the Jackrabbit-trunk build just not having enough memory to
> work with.
We have the same problem with our PDFBox build. Thanks for the hint, at first
I thought the error is disc space related ....

> For now I updated the build to use MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1g
> -XX:MaxPermSize=300m" to cover for the latter case. Let's see what
> happens.
It did the thr trick for us, at least for our last build.

Thanks again for the input!

> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

BR