Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Nazeer Shaik <na...@apache.org> on 2017/01/17 12:54:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Fineract 0.6.0-incubating Release

Hi all,

The Apache Fineract team would like to announce the release of Apache
Fineract 0.6.0-incubating with source and binary artifacts.

*Apache Fineract is an open source system for core banking as a platform.
Fineract provides a reliable, robust, and affordable solution for
entrepreneurs, financial institutions, and service providers to offer
financial services to the world’s 2 billion under banked and unbanked.*

More details regarding Apache Fineract can be found at
http://fineract.incubator.apache.org/

The release artifacts can be downloaded here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/fineract/0.6.0-incubating/

The release notes can be found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/0.6.0-incubating+Release-+Apache+Fineract

Thanks!

The Apache Fineract Team

--- DISCLAIMER  Apache Fineract is an effort undergoing incubation at The
Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further
review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision
making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful
ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of
the completeness or stability of the code,it does indicate that the project
has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Fineract 0.6.0-incubating Release

Posted by Myrle Krantz <mk...@mifos.org>.
Hey Andy,

Fineract is made up of REST services.  The Mifos Initiative produces an
open source web app called "The Community App" which can serve as a front
end to Fineract.

Here's a youtube demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61g9TptMBo (Demo
starts after the introduction at about 3:20).

If you'd like some information about where this is used in real life, one
company using Fineract in their financial inclusion products is Musoni.
They have some nice charts and use cases here:
https://musoni.co.ke/impact/

Conflux is another company using Fineract to produce a product they call
Finflux.

That's pretty introductory material; perhaps you had something more
specific in mind?

Greets,
Myrle

*Myrle Krantz*