Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Nishikawa <mi...@ctis.com.br> on 2005/09/05 13:39:53 UTC

[users@httpd] 2 Apache servers to run on a linux server

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has had the experience of running 2 apache
servers on 1 linux (ubuntu) server for PHP. The cause of all of this
commotion is the fact of having 2 project each with register_globals
differed from the other.  Appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Michael Nishikawa

Re: [users@httpd] 2 Apache servers to run on a linux server

Posted by Mads Rosendahl <ma...@twilight.dk>.
Hi Michael,

I think it is common security practice to consider register_globals as a
big no no. But if you have an
application the depends on it, I guess you are stuck with it.

Anyway, there are lots of articles on how you can use custom php.ini
files in your applications. So you
can actually have a php.ini for each application if you like, running in
same apache-instance. I don't
know if it will affect performance, but it can be done. Just search
google for "custom php.ini".

Mads Rosendahl

Posted by Anatoly Pugachev <ma...@rootshell.ru>.
On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 08:39:53AM -0300, Michael Nishikawa wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I would like to know if anyone has had the experience of running 2 apache
| servers on 1 linux (ubuntu) server for PHP. The cause of all of this
| commotion is the fact of having 2 project each with register_globals
| differed from the other.  Appreciate any help.

http://ru.php.net/manual/en/ini.php
you can change value of register_globals var from .htaccess or httpd.conf
just write:
php_value register_globals 1
in .htaccess or <VirtualServer ...> section.

--
Anatoly Pugachev