Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/07 10:26:04 UTC

maven properties?

hi,

  i have been trying to reference the target build properties to no
avail. i have already searched the archives and hit this thread[1] to
no avail. i did not specify any output directories in my pom so am I
encountering the same problem in this part[2] of the thread? i have
already read the introduction to the pom and have tried "echo-ing" the
following properties:

  <plugin>
    <executions>
	<execution>
		<phase>compile</phase>
		<configuration>
		<tasks>
			<echo>
	${build.target.dir}
	${build.dir}
	${build.local.dir}
	${build.directory}
	${build.outputDirectory}
	${directory}
	${outputDirectory}
	${project.directory}
	${project.outputDirectory}
	${project.build.directory}
	${project.build.outputDirectory}

	${pom.build.directory}
	${pom.build.outputDirectory}

	${artifactId}
	${repository.id}

			</echo>

but  i am not getting anything. the last two was just sanity checks
that the properties could be referenced as specified in the thread and
not just property references. here is my output

[INFO] Executing tasks
     [echo] ${build.target.dir}
     [echo]     ${build.dir}
     [echo]     ${build.local.dir}
     [echo]     ${build.directory}
     [echo]     ${build.outputDirectory}
     [echo]     ${directory}
     [echo]     ${outputDirectory}
     [echo]     ${project.directory}
     [echo]     ${project.outputDirectory}
     [echo]     ${project.build.directory}
     [echo]     ${project.build.outputDirectory}
     [echo]
     [echo]     ${pom.build.directory}
     [echo]     ${pom.build.outputDirectory}
     [echo]
     [echo]     MOD1
     [echo]     my.app:MOD1:jar:1.0

maybe a table of such properties would be a great addition on the wiki
site[3]? or will there be a separate wiki site for maven2?

thanks and have a nice day.

  [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg26517.html
  [2] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg26521.html
  [3] http://wiki.apache.org/maven/

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else