Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Karmanov, Igor" <Ka...@JUSTICE.GC.CA> on 2001/06/15 21:05:05 UTC

Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xm l in Webspere 3.5.2 under not Default server

Hi All,

I've got Struts (1.0-b1) Example working under Default Server without any
problem using standard instructions.
We converted part of our application towards using Struts as well.

struts-config.xml was placed under web/WEB-INF directory.

The problem starts when I deploy Struts application under manually created
another Application Server on the same physical server (box).
During web application start I'm getting the following error:

[01.06.15 13:25:48:906 EDT] 9cbba84b WebGroup      A SRVE0091I: [Servlet
LOG]: "action: Initializing configuration from resource path
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"
[01.06.15 13:25:48:953 EDT] 9cbba84b ServletInstan X Uncaught init()
exception thrown by servlet {0}: {1}
                                 "action"
                                 javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing
configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

I tried all possible suggestions from archive messages like:
 - put web/ directory in classpath of the webapp;
 - create /WEB-INF subdirectory in servlets/ with struts-config.xml and
web.xml in it.

None of them worked out.

Does somebody has the same experience?
Thanks in advance,

Igor Karmanov

Re: Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml in Webspere 3.5.2 under not Default server

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's looking for the ApplicationResouces.property file.

This can be anywhere on your class path.

I like it right under the classes folder.

"Karmanov, Igor" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've got Struts (1.0-b1) Example working under Default Server without any
> problem using standard instructions.
> We converted part of our application towards using Struts as well.
>
> struts-config.xml was placed under web/WEB-INF directory.
>
> The problem starts when I deploy Struts application under manually created
> another Application Server on the same physical server (box).
> During web application start I'm getting the following error:
>
> [01.06.15 13:25:48:906 EDT] 9cbba84b WebGroup      A SRVE0091I: [Servlet
> LOG]: "action: Initializing configuration from resource path
> /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml"
> [01.06.15 13:25:48:953 EDT] 9cbba84b ServletInstan X Uncaught init()
> exception thrown by servlet {0}: {1}
>                                  "action"
>                                  javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing
> configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
>
> I tried all possible suggestions from archive messages like:
>  - put web/ directory in classpath of the webapp;
>  - create /WEB-INF subdirectory in servlets/ with struts-config.xml and
> web.xml in it.
>
> None of them worked out.
>
> Does somebody has the same experience?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Igor Karmanov

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

Re: Missing configuration resource for path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml in Webspere 3.5.2 under not Default server

Posted by Dan Miser <dm...@wi.rr.com>.
Put web in your classpath. After you do this, you'll need to restart the
webapp. I've tested the instructions here countless times and it's worked:
http://www.distribucon.com/struts/WASInstall.htm
--
Dan Miser
http://www.distribucon.com