Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 11:26:31 UTC

Not able to connect to Hbase remotly

Hi,
I have Hbase configured in pseudo distributed mode on Machine A.
I would like to connect to it through a Java program running on Machine B.
But i am unable to do so.What configurations are required in Java for this ?
Please help.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain

Re: Not able to connect to Hbase remotly

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Can someone please help here ?

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I am again facing this issue.
This time around its on different machine where i am configuring hbase in
pseudo distributed mode.
Client ( Java program ) connects to zookeeper fine as seen in below
zookeeper logs :-

2013-05-24 15:27:22,309 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory: Accepted socket
connection from /192.168.20.27:48728
2013-05-24 15:27:22,321 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
Client attempting to establish new session at /192.168.20.27:48728
2013-05-24 15:27:22,324 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
Established session 0x13ed180d690000a with negotiated timeout 180000 for
client /192.168.20.27:48728

where 192.168.20.27 is from where i am running client.

Client hangs after this and after some time i get below error :-

java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find
region for event_data,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTableFactory.createHTableInterface(HTableFactory.java:38)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.createHTable(HTablePool.java:265)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.findOrCreateTable(HTablePool.java:195)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTablePool.getTable(HTablePool.java:174)
    at
com.games24x7.framework.db.hbase.HbaseServiceImpl.getDataForRowKey(HbaseServiceImpl.java:245)
    at
com.games24x7.eds.utility.init.ReadHbaseMain.readFromHbase(ReadHbaseMain.java:68)
    at
com.games24x7.eds.utility.init.ReadHbaseMain.main(ReadHbaseMain.java:25)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException:
Unable to find region for event_data,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:980)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:885)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:987)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:889)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:846)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.finishSetup(HTable.java:234)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:174)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTableFactory.createHTableInterface(HTableFactory.java:36)
    ... 6 more

Please help here.

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vimal,

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jyothi,

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
No exception at client side .

Posted by Vimal Jain <vk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Vimal,

     I am sorry for being unresponsive. I have been travelling like crazy
since last few days. Proper *name resolution* is a must for smooth HBase
interaction. That is why it better to have the IP address along with
hostname in your /etc/hosts file.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com