Posted to user@ant.apache.org by cu...@agilent.com on 2001/05/12 01:16:38 UTC

FTP and socksified

Hi everyone,

I am new to Ant.  In fact, this is my first post to the user group.

I have a build.xml file that I'm working on and one of the targets is a
"deploy" target.  I'm trying to FTP the jar file to a server that is outside
our firewall.  To do this manually I have to use socks, but it mentions
nothing about this in the Ant manual.  The build file gives me an error that
is:
C:\ant.XXX\Build\build.xml:26: Could not create task of type: ftp. Common
solut
ions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional
task, t
o put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation
(ANT_HOME).

I've moved the netcomponents.jar file to the ANT_HOME directory with no joy.
Does anyone know if the problem is not being able to socksify the FTP?  Is
there a way to socksify an FTP target in Ant?  Am I missing some important
concept here?

Curtis Krouse
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Spokane, WA