Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by George Francis <ge...@mahindrabt.com> on 2001/11/20 09:05:25 UTC

[modperl]

Hello,

I have a mod_cgi application, which we are currently in the process of
converting into a mod_perl application. the necessary configuration changes
related to mod_perl have been made. however we are facing a no. of problems.
some of the typical problems are:

1) We are a group of three developers, working in separate areas, however
whenever one of us runs the application in one's area, and then another of us
runs, in their area, the modules loaded from the first developer's area in the
earlier run continue to be in effect.  What could be the reasons for this. Is
this a characteristic of mod_perl behaviour?

2) We get an Apache warning " child pid 567 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)"
sometimes. At times this error causes the page to not get loaded at all.

Could someone please guide us with these problems?

george francis

Apache/Mod_Perl

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Re: [modperl]

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
George Francis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a mod_cgi application, which we are currently in the process of
> converting into a mod_perl application. the necessary configuration changes
> related to mod_perl have been made. however we are facing a no. of problems.
> some of the typical problems are:
>
> 1) We are a group of three developers, working in separate areas, however
> whenever one of us runs the application in one's area, and then another of us
> runs, in their area, the modules loaded from the first developer's area in the
> earlier run continue to be in effect.  What could be the reasons for this. Is
> this a characteristic of mod_perl behaviour?
>
> 2) We get an Apache warning " child pid 567 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)"
> sometimes. At times this error causes the page to not get loaded at all.
>
> Could someone please guide us with these problems?

You just said it, read the guide :)

1)
http://perl.apache.org/guide/control.html#Starting_a_Personal_Server_for_E

2) http://perl.apache.org/guide/debug.html but first look at the SUPPORT
file in the mod_perl source distribution. Also check
http://perl.apache.org/guide/troubleshooting.html