Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com> on 2007/03/01 19:14:50 UTC

email subscription and contact lists

Hi,

Any pointers about which are the essential records required to subscribe
a person to a contact list for an email newsletter. Specifically for
people that don't have an account in the system, so no party id or login
exists, somebody that might like you're site but only wants to subscribe
to the newsletter for now.

I see the party id is a primary key on the ContactListParty entity so
I'm guessing essentials would be:
    Party of type PERSON
    Contact of type EMAIL_ADDRESS
    ContactListParty

optional:
    PartyContactMechPurpose of type PRIMARY_EMAIL

Any others?

Ray

Re: email subscription and contact lists

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
That's very helpful thanks. I was only looking at tables as I have an
import requirement for some existing addresses and I hadn't noticed the
service you mentioned, but I'm sure that will make the process easier.
I'll need to dig a little deeper though as I don't want to trigger the
email verification.

Thanks for the hint,

Ray

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.