Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charlie Cano <Ch...@bangnetworks.com> on 2002/02/27 00:48:07 UTC

Writing new appenders

I'm trying to write my own Appender, and I'm wondering if anyone that has done this can give me the short description of how log4j goes about using the configuration file to create and configure appenders... where's a good place to look for an example?  I'm extending the AppenderSkeleton to take advantage of the filter stuff it gives me, I'm more interested in trying to figure out the steps involved in an appender's lifecycle (configuration, invocation).

Any pointers are appreciated,
Charlie