Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Craig McQueen <mc...@edsrd1.yzk.co.jp> on 2008/12/05 01:55:42 UTC

Multiple authentication sources

Hello all,

The following doc says that a Windows Apache server can be set up to
authenticate against both Windows SSPI and a password file:
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/help-onepage.html#tsvn-serversetup-apache-6

I'm trying to get this working on a Windows Apache 2.2 server, but
without success. SSPI works on its own, and the password file works on
its own. But if I try to use both together, as described, then
authenticating against the SSPI works but authenticating against the
password file fails.

I'm wondering: does this solution simply not work on Apache 2.2.x due to
changes to the authentication/authorization setup in Apache 2.2.x?

I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried this on Apache 2.2.x,
and if you ended in success or failure.

Regards,
Craig McQueen

Re: Multiple authentication sources

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 14:09 +0900, Craig McQueen wrote:

> Frank Gruman wrote:

> > > That configuration looks like it's good for Apache 2.0, but not 2.2.
> > > The "AuthAuthoritative" directive is no longer used in 2.2. My
> > > configuration looks very similar to that, except that instead of
> > > AuthAuthoritative, I have AuthBasicAuthoritative. But it doesn't work,
> > > as I previously described. Does anyone have a configuration that works
> > > specifically on Apache 2.2?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Craig McQueen
> > >

> > Ahh - so right you are on the version - sorry for wasting your cycles...
> >
> > Could you post the relevant portion of your config file for us to look
> > at?  The only thing that I can really see that mattered in the notes on
> > the link you provided in your original post is to make sure to specify
> > that neither authentication mechanism is to be authoritative.  Had I not
> > read the instructions twice (or thrice) I would have missed that in my
> > own configuration.
> >
> > At the very least, if you can't see the issue perhaps another on the
> > list will see the nefarious command keeping you from your goals.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Frank
> >

> Here it is:
>
> <Location /svn/>
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>
>     DAV svn
>     SVNListParentPath on
>     SVNParentPath C:/SVN/Repositories
>     #SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
>     SSLRequireSSL
>
>     # Keep these in sync with location /websvn below
>     AuthName "Subversion repositories"
>
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
>     AuthUserFile c:/SVN/conf/htpasswd
>
>     AuthType SSPI
>     SSPIAuth On
>     SSPIAuthoritative Off
>     SSPIDomain OURDOMAIN
>     #SSPIOmitDomain on
>     #SSPIUsernameCase lower
>     #SSPIPerRequestAuth on
>     SSPIOfferBasic On
>
>     Require valid-user
>     #SSLRequire %{SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY} eq "SUCCESS"
>
>     SVNPathAuthz Off
>     #AuthzSVNAccessFile c:\SVN\conf\svnaccessfile
> </Location>

Excellent!  Thanks for posting back and letting us all know what worked!

Regards,
Frank

Re: Multiple authentication sources

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.