Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu> on 2006/12/14 20:24:35 UTC

Liferay 4.2.0 and Geronimo 1.1.1

Hi all

Liferay 4.1.0 just got public ;) (yesterday) but I'm having problem
getting it running in Geronimo 1.1.1. I have tried both the
liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat-4.2.0.car plugin (with the dbpool
liferay-portal-geronimo-derby-pool-4.2.0.car) and the Liferay Portal
Enterprise 4.2.0 (Bundled with Geronimo+Tomcat)

Using:
java version "1.5.0_06" with Ubuntu Linux on a amd64 with 1G memory.
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode)

I get
18:32:54,909 INFO  [DynamicDialect] Determining dialect for Apache Derby 10
18:32:54,944 INFO  [DynamicDialect] Using dialect
org.hibernate.dialect.DerbyDialect
18:33:04,093 INFO  [HotDeployUtil] Initializing hot deploy manager
1614911248
18:33:04,128 INFO  [ServerDetector] Detected server geronimo
18:33:04,550 INFO  [AutoDeployDir] Auto deploy scanner started for
/home/liferay/deploy
18:51:26,144 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Has anyone else got it up and running on G1.1.1?
Anny ideas about what may be wrong here or pointers to something i may
have missed?

Cheers
    Peter

Re: Liferay 4.2.0 and Geronimo 1.1.1 runing with mysql

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 29, 2006, at 7:10 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> Setup Instruction
> ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
> The following is a short setup instruction that hopefully will help
> other Geronimo users to get Liferay
> up and running smoothly with a mysql database back end.

Peter,
Thanks very much for posting these instructions! They look excellent.

Glad to hear you're up and running...

--kevan

Re: Liferay 4.2.0 and Geronimo 1.1.1 runing with mysql

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
A couple of things i forgot to mention

* If you get a "Sum file already exists" error wile deploying remove the
META-INF/config.ser.sh1 file
from the liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat-4.2.0.car

* Correction: You don't need to run the mysql-index script as the
index:s is already there.

/Peter

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Hi all