Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Timo Nentwig <ti...@nitwit.de> on 2003/07/13 16:36:59 UTC

nntp: polling from news feed host

Hi!

Is JAMES only a stand-alone news server for own private newsgroups or is it also capable of download actually news from a feed host?!

Timo

RE: nntp: polling from news feed host

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Is JAMES only a stand-alone news server for own private newsgroups
> or is it also capable of download actually news from a feed host?!

Considering that the NNTP handler doesn't support message cancellation, and
other features, I wouldn't recommend using it for anything other than light
local use until those features are present.

	--- Noel