Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mangesh Sawant <m....@gmail.com> on 2015/02/17 07:27:36 UTC

[users@httpd] Indexing in openldap

Hi,

I want information regarding adding index on an ldap attribute.

My directory structure is like:

ObjectClass Hierarchy: Company=>Department (In dc=example,dc=com)

Inside ObjectClass"Company", One of the attributes "UserID" to be indexed.
I have added index on the same as per following in slapd.conf:

index UserID eq

Kindly let me know whether it is the correct syntax of defining an index.

Thanks And Regards ,
Mangesh Sawant .

Re: [users@httpd] Indexing in openldap

Posted by fedora <fe...@ayni.com>.
Hi Mangesh
looks OK to me. In order to have slapd take notice of that you have to
write it into
olcDatabase={n}{type}, cn=config
as attribute olcDbIndex.
with n beeing the running number of the Database (such as 2), and type
beeing the type (such as bdb) of the Database.