Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Roberta Marton <ro...@esgyn.com> on 2016/09/14 23:12:37 UTC

Question on performance of Kudu

Have you run any comparisons with Kudu using common benchmarks such as TPCC
to see how Kudu compares against HBase and others?

With your innovative design, these tests should show some good numbers.

   Regards,

   Roberta Marton

Re: Question on performance of Kudu

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
In particular, TPCC requires transactions to be compliant, and we don't
have transactions, so it hasn't been a goal.

We should probably re-run the YCSB benchmarks at some point soon since
there have been lots of performance optimizations since 0.5, and I imagine
many of them would improve the results.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon