Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tatiyana <ta...@egr.msu.edu> on 2008/11/06 15:17:28 UTC

Editable pdf

Dear All,

I need to make pdf form to which client can add information or edit  after
it"s generated.
I don't need to put this new information back to the database. Could you
please help me to understand can I do it using FOP?
Thank you very much.

Re: Editable pdf

Posted by Tobias van Treeck <tv...@nepatec.de>.
Hi Tatiyana,

just with FOP (alone) this is not possible. FOP only generates
non-editable PDF files.

Florian Hecht of the univercity of Karlsruhe however created an
extension called FEX (Fop Formular Extension).
It is available here:

http://studwww.ira.uni-karlsruhe.de/~s_hecht/
Documentation:

http://studwww.ira.uni-karlsruhe.de/~s_hecht/eine_formularerweiterung_fuer_xsl-fo.pdf

However, before using it, consider the following things:

- it is a prototype created by a student (still many bugs in there)
- documentation is very good but in german
- the extension only works with the old FOP Version 0.20.5

Regards,
ToM