Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ray Ward <wa...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/17 20:18:15 UTC

[m202] Linux oddity for accessing maven-architype-plugin?

I ran the Getting Started stuff on WinXP with no problems here.

But on a local Linux server, after downloading and installing, I get the
error:
The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-architype-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found
And sure enough, there's no plugin JAR file.  mvn -v works.

Anything extra need to be done for Linux as opposed to XP?

TIA,

Ray

Re: [m202] Linux oddity for accessing maven-architype-plugin?

Posted by Ray Ward <wa...@gmail.com>.
Duh!  Kept reading what I *thought* I typed...  Thanks!

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..."

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alexandre Poitras wrote:
> No I mean I put a name there and it is found, I can see it when the
> plugins is running. I checked the file path and it is correct. But I
> still end up with this exception.

Please run maven with the -X option and let me see the output.

Jochen

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..."

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.

On 2/21/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexandre Poitras wrote:
> > By the way, when I use the configuration element :
>
> That means, you are configuring absolutely no schemas, isn't it? The
> value should be something like src/schemas/*.xsd.
>
> > [WARNING] Schema specification returns no result
> > and no class are generated. It only works if I use the default
> > directory (src/jaxme) but I prefer to use (src/main/xsd).
>
> That's indeed what I would expect.
>

> Jochen

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..."

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
By the way, when I use the configuration element :
The plugin seem to be able to find the result but I get a warning like this :

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..."

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I was referring to the schema/schemas problem and the
package name bug. Thankf for the info.

On 2/21/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Alexandre,
>
> Alexandre Poitras wrote:
>
> > The site looks complety out of date,
>
> I do not know, what site you are referring to.
>
>     http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/mp/changes-report.html
>
> was updated just three days ago with the release of 1.0.3.
>
> > none of the properties specified seem to work.
>
> Indeed, the packageName property didn't work, but this was fixed in
> 1.0.3. Additionally, the docs did contain the element name "schema",
> rather than "schemas", but this has been fixed as well. For any other
> problem, I'd ask you to contact the jaxme developers mailing list or
> file an issue in Jira. (Please note, that "Project Info" does *not*
> point you to the maven users list.)
>

> Jochen

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..."

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Alexandre,

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
The site looks complety out of date, none of the properties specified
seem to work. I'm gonna take a look in the source. In the mean time,
if you want to use it, you need to specify a "targetNamespace" on your
root element or use the jaxb:... elements inside your schema. By the
way, there is another JAXB plugin supposed to come out this week, hope
it will work better.

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: maven-jaxme-plugin 1.0.1 problem - "Unable to derive package name ..." [M202]

Posted by rgc <li...@yahoo.com>.
Just forgot to mention, I´m using maven 202

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.