Posted to user@poi.apache.org by adile <ai...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/18 16:11:26 UTC

File size increase after rewriting

Hello everyone,

I'm dealing with some issue.

i generated xls file  and when i rewritted into the file the same data, the
file size increase about 20ko less or more each time.

After that, my file is getting slower to open with Excel 2010 and to work
with in Java

How can i fix that ?

My Names,Fonts,Sheet,Rows,Cell styles are the same and doesn't increase

i use the last version of POI with Java 1.5

Thank you

Re: File size increase after rewriting

Posted by adile <ai...@gmail.com>.
i think i find why file is increasing...

when i remove a row, that do not remove merged region so when i create new
row, i create new merged region...

Is there an easy way to delete all merged region for a row ?

Re: File size increase after rewriting

Posted by adile <ai...@gmail.com>.
help please :)

Re: File size increase after rewriting

Posted by adile <ai...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick

Happy new year :)

Doesn't matter where does the file came from, it's the same result

I look with BiffViewer and compare with Notepad++ and i find modified data
like :

"Offset=0x0000A09D(41117) recno=1203 sid=0x007D size=0x000C(12)"
is now
"Offset=0x0000A0B0(41136) recno=1203 sid=0x007D size=0x000C(12)"

and extra data like :

[MERGEDCELLS]
 .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =0
     .colto   =3
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =4
     .colto   =5
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =6
     .colto   =7
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =10
     .colto   =11
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =0
     .colto   =3
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =4
     .colto   =5
     .rowfrom =26
     .rowto   =26
     .colfrom =6
[MERGEDCELLS]

Is that mean is created merged cells between the 2 versions ??

Please find BiffViewer file at attachements
debug.log <http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711787/debug.log>
debugv2.log
<http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5711787/debugv2.log>

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, adile wrote:
> i generated xls file and when i rewritted into the file the same data,
> the file size increase about 20ko less or more each time.

Is this a file that originally came from excel that you're opening +
saving, or one you're generating fresh in POI?

If you use BiffViewer, can you see what the extra data is?

Nick