Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com> on 2002/12/13 18:59:43 UTC

Logging to my app.

How can i send log messages toy my app's log file (already configured in
server.xml) insetad of catalina.log?

I noticed that some System.out.println() goes to one and others to the
other...

Thanks!

Re: Logging to my app.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com>.
Thanks, i do have that working already, but you know how all (almost all) the
System.out.println() goes into cataline.log, i was wondering if there was an
easy line to send to the app log, not he catalina.log.

Re: Logging to my app.

Posted by Patrick GIRY <pa...@yahoo.fr>.
In your server.xml you define a Logger in you web app
context like this :

<Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
<Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
                     prefix="localhost_examples_log."
suffix=".txt"
        	  timestamp="true"/>

You can set your own prefix muwebapp_log.

A+
 --- Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwsoft-online.com> a
écrit : > How can i send log messages toy my app's log
file
> (already configured in
> server.xml) insetad of catalina.log?
>
> I noticed that some System.out.println() goes to one
> and others to the
> other...
>
> Thanks!

> For additional commands, e-mail: