Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2016/06/20 04:24:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.2 (RC2)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
1.6.2. The vote is open until Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 22:00 PDT and
passes if a majority of at least 3+1 PMC votes are cast.

The tag to be voted on is v1.6.2-rc2
(54b1121f351f056d6b67d2bb4efe0d553c0f7482)

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.2-rc2-bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1186/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-releases/spark-1.6.2-rc2-docs/

=======================================
== How can I help test this release? ==
=======================================
If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an
existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions from 1.6.1.

== What justifies a -1 vote for this release? ==
This is a maintenance release in the 1.6.x series.  Bugs already present in
1.6.1, missing features, or bugs related to new features will not
necessarily block this release.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.2 (RC2)

Posted by Sameer Agarwal <sa...@databricks.com>.
+1

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Kousuke Saruta <sa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> On 2016/06/23 4:53, Reynold Xin wrote:
>
> +1 myself
>

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Sean McNamara <
> Sean.McNamara@webtrends.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Jun 22, 2016, at 1:14 PM, Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1

Sameer Agarwal
Software Engineer | Databricks Inc.
http://cs.berkeley.edu/~sameerag

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 1.6.2 (RC2)

Posted by Kousuke Saruta <sa...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
+1 myself

Posted by Sean McNamara <Se...@Webtrends.com>.
+1

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim Hunter <ti...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Nice one, yeah indeed I was doing an incremental build. Not a blocker.
I'll have a look into the others, though I suspect they're problems
with tests rather than production code.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I'm getting some errors building on Ubuntu 16 + Java 7. First is one
that may just be down to a Scala bug:

[ERROR] bad symbolic reference. A signature in WebUI.class refers to
term eclipse
in package org which is not available.
It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the version on
the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when
compiling WebUI.class.
[ERROR] bad symbolic reference. A signature in WebUI.class refers to term jetty
in value org.eclipse which is not available.
It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the version on
the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when
compiling WebUI.class.

But I'm seeing some consistent timezone-related failures, from core:

UIUtilsSuite:
- formatBatchTime *** FAILED ***
  "2015/05/14 [14]:04:40" did not equal "2015/05/14 [21]:04:40"
(UIUtilsSuite.scala:73)

and several from Spark SQL, like:

- udf_unix_timestamp *** FAILED ***
  Results do not match for udf_unix_timestamp:
  == Parsed Logical Plan ==
  'Project [unresolvedalias(2009-03-20
11:30:01),unresolvedalias('unix_timestamp(2009-03-20 11:30:01))]
  +- 'UnresolvedRelation `oneline`, None

  == Analyzed Logical Plan ==
  _c0: string, _c1: bigint
  Project [2009-03-20 11:30:01 AS _c0#122914,unixtimestamp(2009-03-20
11:30:01,yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss) AS _c1#122915L]
  +- MetastoreRelation default, oneline, None

  == Optimized Logical Plan ==
  Project [2009-03-20 11:30:01 AS _c0#122914,1237548601 AS _c1#122915L]
  +- MetastoreRelation default, oneline, None

  == Physical Plan ==
  Project [2009-03-20 11:30:01 AS _c0#122914,1237548601 AS _c1#122915L]
  +- HiveTableScan MetastoreRelation default, oneline, None
  _c0 _c1
  !== HIVE - 1 row(s) ==            == CATALYST - 1 row(s) ==
  !2009-03-20 11:30:01 1237573801   2009-03-20 11:30:01 1237548601
(HiveComparisonTest.scala:458)

I'll start looking into them. It could be real, if possibly minor,
bugs because I presume most of the testing happens on machines in a
PDT timezone instead of UTC? that's at least the timezone of the
machine I'm testing on.

Posted by vaquar khan <va...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding

Regards,
Vaquar khan

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Maciej let's fix SPARK-13283. It won't block 1.6.2 though.

Posted by Maciej Bryński <ma...@brynski.pl>.
-1

Posted by Krishna Sankar <ks...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding, of course)

Posted by "Shixiong(Ryan) Zhu" <sh...@databricks.com>.
Hey Pete,

I just pushed your PR to branch 1.6. As it's not a blocker, it may or may
not be in 1.6.2, depending on if there will be another RC.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Shixiong(Ryan) Zhu" <sh...@databricks.com>.
Hey Pete,

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@gmail.com>.