Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Siegfried Heintze <si...@heintze.com> on 2005/10/29 23:18:18 UTC

How to add to local repository

I just corrected the groupid for the htmlparser I proposed for upload into
ibiblio. Now how do I use this jar file while I'm waiting for carlos to put
it in ibiblio?

Could someone kindly point me to the URL for the documentation on how to add
a third party jar file to one's own repository for m1 and m2?

Thank you,
Siegfried

RE: Restarting Eclipse 3.1.1 to add dependencies to m2?

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Franck de Bruijn wrote:

Frank's correct. The maven plugin for eclipse has support to add
dependencies from within eclipse. However it's not ready for prime time
yet.

I usually just leave eclipse running and m2 install; m2 eclipse:eclipse
and refresh the projects in eclipse; works like a charm. You can also add
an 'external command' in eclipse, and enable 'refresh workspace' on
finish. That way you only have to press one button in eclipse to update
all your project with the new pom contents. You still have to edit the pom
though :).

-- Kenney

> I'm definitely neither the Maven nor the Eclipse expert, but let me give it
> a go:
>
> If I understand correctly you are looking for a seamless integration between
> Eclipse and Maven. I read somewhere that Jason van Zyl is working on an
> Eclipse plugin (something like MevenIDE); I have no idea if what you are
> describing here is in the scope of that plugin.
>
> Also you might try to refresh the projects after having run the
> eclipse:eclipse command. If that doesn't work, try deleting your projects in
> Eclipse (make sure that you indicate to 'NOT delete your contents') and
> Import them again. But, in this case, maybe restarting Eclipse is an easier
> way out!
>
> On the other hand, I don't think that dependencies of a project are changed
> regularly. Normally you set those up in the beginning of a project and maybe
> in the future you adapt them for newer versions of the libraries. In this
> light, I consider the need for restarting Eclipse not that big an issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Franck

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

RE: Restarting Eclipse 3.1.1 to add dependencies to m2?

Re: How to add to local repository

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> I just corrected the groupid for the htmlparser I proposed for upload into
> ibiblio. Now how do I use this jar file while I'm waiting for carlos to put
> it in ibiblio?
>
> Could someone kindly point me to the URL for the documentation on how to add
> a third party jar file to one's own repository for m1 and m2?

For m2:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-installing-3rd-party-jars.html

In m1, I know of no other way than to hack the repo file structure or
build locally and jar:install.

Phil