Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Ravic <ra...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/03/12 23:35:50 UTC

Extract date from Timestamp column in OpenJPA

Hi,
 Can anyone let me know how to extract date part from Timestamp in OpenJPA
against Oracle 10g?
 I was wondering if there is any function like trunc and to_date in OpenJPA.

Regards,
Ravi

Re: Extract date from Timestamp column in OpenJPA

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Ravi,

You should be able to map the column to a java.util.Date field. Then,
use a transient java.util.Calendar to manipulate the date object.

Best,

Craig

On Mar 12, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Ravic wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone let me know how to extract date part from Timestamp in
> OpenJPA
> against Oracle 10g?
> I was wondering if there is any function like trunc and to_date in
> OpenJPA.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi

Craig Russell