Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 19:10:31 UTC

[HeadsUp] Refactored the Bean Integration wiki pages

I've long disliked the crappy pages I hacked up a long time ago for
the various aspects of the bean integration. I've made an attempt to
try modularise it and fill in some missing details. Its certainly an
improvement, but I'm sure we can improve it some more. Its a kinda
crucial & major part of Camel so wanted to make sure we properly
explain it all correctly...

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/bean-integration.html

any thoughts?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: [HeadsUp] Refactored the Bean Integration wiki pages

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/1 Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>:
> Wow, that looks a LOT better!  Can you point to it with a brief intro
> from http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/bean.html ?  It seems those two
> pages should be pretty closely related.

There's a section at the bottom describing the Bean Binding which
describes how Camel chooses a method and injects the parameters which
also has a link to Bean Integration. Though I added explicit links in
the See Also section just in case

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Wow, that looks a LOT better!  Can you point to it with a brief intro
from http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/bean.html ?  It seems those two
pages should be pretty closely related.

Thanks,
       Aaron

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/2 Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>:
> Hi
>
> I was about to get choked in my coffee this morning when the camel-commits new message count was rising to 44 ;)
>
> Well first of great work. This part of the documentation really needed the brush up from The Man.
>
> The dynamic router EIP:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/dynamic-router.html
> - should be added to release notes as a new EIP

Done.

> - I would love a plain route example as well (no annotation usage)
> - add that these new annotations are available as of Camel 1.5

I've added the new annotations to the 1.5 release notes too

> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/bean-integration.html
> - links to bean binding in the header itself, otherwise you need to find it in text teaser text

Done - good catch :)

> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/parameter-binding-annotations.html
> - the list of annotations, we could add a new column indicating if it needs a parameter such as @Header and @Property.

Done

> - This sentence:
> In the above you can now pass the Message.getJMSCorrelationID() as a parameter to the method (using the Type Converter to adapt the value to the type of the parameter).
>
> Is a bit odd, as when reading it looks like that camel will automatically extract the Message.getJMSCorrelationID() in the first parameter, and the payload in the 2nd. But the above sentence "talks" about manually calling this method. Maybe for unit testing etc, you would manually call this method.

Yeah, have reworded that sentence a bit.

> - Also this one:
> Finally you don't need the @MessageDriven annotation; as the Camel route could describe which method to invoke.

Ditto

> Maybe adding a h4 header for the sample example without the @MessageDriven annotation, but still using bean binding
>
> Eg I think you should add some more h4 headers to separate the example what you are doing.

Done

> I will get to this later. It's a great rewrite. Thanks a lot.

You're most welcome :)

--
James
-------

[...]