Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2000/02/01 09:53:53 UTC

Re: [dav-dev] Filenames with blanks

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Niels Baggesen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have playing around with mod-dav for a while now, and it seems to
> work fine in general.
>
> One nuisance is when I right-klick in a web folder in Windows selects
> new folder, and it tries to create a folder called "New Folder". It
> consistently fails, with the following message in apaches errorlog:
>
> [Mon Jan 31 22:52:48 2000] [error] [client 130.228.14.139] Digest: uri mismatch - </nba-n/New%20Folder> does not match request-uri </nba-n/New Folder>
>
> maybe indicating that some string is not properly uri-escape-decoded.
>
> Any hint as to where this (not) happens?

This is occurring in mod_auth_digest, as part of the digest
authentication. (mod_dav handles spaces just fine)  A temporary workaround
would be to switch to basic auth -- less secure, but it should work
better.

I don't have a suggested fix right now, but I've copied the Apache
developer list and the current module maintainer.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/