Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mohbe, Sameer" <Sa...@nuveen.com> on 2001/10/01 22:23:52 UTC

Hekp regarding Heap Settings

Hi Everyone,
                      Gentlemen i need some help regarding the Heap seetings
in JVM.
The environment is Linux 7-Tomcat -JDK1.3 .Right now the Heap settings are
set to default)i.e. Minimim=1 and Max=64MB.
How do we change the settings ,i know its using JVM Commands but where shd
we make the changes ??

Thanks in advance !
Sam Mohbe

Re: Hekp regarding Heap Settings

Posted by Ray Pitmon <rp...@digitalcyclone.com>.
Quoting "Mohbe, Sameer" <Sa...@nuveen.com>:

> Hi Everyone,
>                       Gentlemen i need some help regarding the Heap
> seetings
> in JVM.
> The environment is Linux 7-Tomcat -JDK1.3 .Right now the Heap settings
> are
> set to default)i.e. Minimim=1 and Max=64MB.
> How do we change the settings ,i know its using JVM Commands but where
> shd
> we make the changes ??
>
> Thanks in advance !
> Sam Mohbe

Hi,

In TC4 I created a script to start tomcat and then apache as you normally
would.  At the top of the script I added something like this:
export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx640m"

I think with TC3.2 its TOMCAT_OPTS="..."

-Ray