Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/20 10:59:40 UTC

[VOTE] Release 4.8.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 4.8.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "release-4.8.0rc1" [4] with git sha
6172e31465865bd57290905a98b5a57e4c3956a4

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Enrico Olivelli

[1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/1676
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.8.0-rc1/
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1033/
[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/tree/v4.8.0-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release 4.8.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)
Built downloaded sources on Linux 64bit (Fedora 27)
Started local bookie from binary built from source
Started local bookie from binary package from "dist"
Run tests of downstream projects using the release candidate

Cheers
Enrico Olivelli

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding).