Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Jean-Albert <we...@mapeo.eu> on 2008/02/15 11:57:34 UTC

Retrieving a document from a "keyword" field

Hello all,

The documents of my (mysql) database are indexed by Lucene, and I save (as a
"Keyword") the database id in the "internal_id" field of the Lucene
document.

If a search my Lucene index, I can read the internal_id and instanciante the
object from the database. Good.

But now I want to know if an object in my database is indexed yet, so I try
to search the following query :
internal_id:399 (399 is the id in the database) , with the hope to get from
Lucene the document having 399 in the internal_id field.

But I get no results. Impossible to retrieve this document...

Do I misunderstood how to search a specific field ?

JA

RE: Retrieving a document from a "keyword" field

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi JA,

The "general@l.a.o" list has fewer subscribers than "java-user@l.a.o", so in the future, I would recommend going there for questions like these.

On 02/15/2008 at 5:57 AM, Jean-Albert wrote:
> I try to search the following query : internal_id:399
> (399 is the id in the database) , with the hope to get from
> Lucene the document having 399 in the internal_id field.
>
> But I get no results. Impossible to retrieve this document...
>
> Do I misunderstood how to search a specific field ?

Can you show the code you're using to search?  My guess is that the analyzer being used is stripping numeric terms, resulting in an empty query.

Steve