Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Gaetan Deputier <gd...@ividence.com> on 2013/02/08 01:23:29 UTC

Question regarding bulkload : overwriting duplicate records

Hi HBase users,

I am using Hbase 0.92.1 from the cloudera distribution cdh4.1.1.
I am loading bulk files using the ImportTsv job but i have an issue
regarding records having a different cell value.

I guessed that the underlying Map/Reducer sets the timestamp to the
currentTime. Is there a way to inform the Tsv job to read the timestamp
from a column ?

I can still do my own hadoop mapper and then split the lines and treat them
but i was wondering if the issue on the Hbase Jira (HBASE-5564) which is
solving this problem would be released soon.

Regards,

G.

Re: Question regarding bulkload : overwriting duplicate records

Posted by Gaetan Deputier <gd...@ividence.com>.
Thanks, I appreciate. Keep up the good work.

G.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.