Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/04/09 00:54:12 UTC

Any way to get an archetype to make projects with classes in src/main/groovy?

Looks like the current archetype stuff isn't happy making files in
src/main/groovy, it pukes this up when trying:

<snip>
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Template 'src/main/groovy/MyMojo.groovy' not in
directory 'src/main/java'
</snip>

Probably has something to do with package handling I'd imagine... but
not 100% sure.

Is there anyways to get custom archetype handling for files which
should really be in src/main/groovy, not src/main/java?

--jason

Re: Any way to get an archetype to make projects with classes in src/main/groovy?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/8/07, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:

> Is there anyways to get custom archetype handling for files which
> should really be in src/main/groovy, not src/main/java?

If you just want them directly in 'src/main/groovy' then add them as
<resources> and not as  source files.

What's currently broken is the ability to "package" non-Java files,
for example to get a .properties file into
src/main/resources/com/example/myproject, where
'com/example/myproject' is the package supplied at runtime when the
project is created from the archetype.

It used to work.  See:  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-65

--
Wendy

Re: Any way to get an archetype to make projects with classes in src/main/groovy?

Posted by Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com>.
With the current archetype version - no. But feel free to file a jira issue
( if one hasn't already been ) :)