Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Gründler <ro...@dubture.com> on 2011/03/29 16:01:05 UTC

DisMaxQueryParser: Unknown function min in FunctionQuery

Hi all,

i'm trying to implement a FunctionQuery using the "bf" parameter of the
DisMaxQueryParser, however, i'm getting an exception:

"Unknown function min in FunctionQuery('min(1,2)', pos=4)"

The request that causes the error looks like this:

http://localhost:2345/solr/main/select?qt=dismax&qf=name^0.1&qf=name_exact^10.0&debugQuery=true&bf=min(1,2)&version=1.2&wt=json&json.nl=map&q=+foo&start=0&rows=3

I'm not sure where the "pos=4" part of the FunctionQuery is coming from.

My Solr version is 1.4.1.

Has anyone a hint why i'm getting this error?

thanks!

-robert

Conditional Scoring (was: Re: DisMaxQueryParser: Unknown function min in FunctionQuery)

Posted by Robert Gründler <ro...@dubture.com>.
sorry, didn't see that.

So, as also the relevance functions are only available in solr > 4.0
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#Relevance_Functions), i'm not
sure if i can solve our requirement in one query ( i thought i could use
a function query for this).

Here's our Problem:

We have 3 Fields:

1. exact_match ( text )
2. fuzzy_match ( text )
3. popularity ( integer )

Our requirement looks as follows:

All results which have a match in "exact_match" MUST score higher than
results without a match in "exact_match", regardless of the value in the
"popularity" field. All results which have no match in "exact_match"
should use the "popularity" field for scoring.

Is this possible without using a function query ?

thanks.

-robert

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 29, 2011, at 10:01 , Robert Gründler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to implement a FunctionQuery using the "bf" parameter of the DisMaxQueryParser, however, i'm getting an exception:
>
> "Unknown function min in FunctionQuery('min(1,2)', pos=4)"
>
> The request that causes the error looks like this:
>
> http://localhost:2345/solr/main/select?qt=dismax&qf=name^0.1&qf=name_exact^10.0&debugQuery=true&bf=min(1,2)&version=1.2&wt=json&json.nl=map&q=+foo&start=0&rows=3
>

> I'm not sure where the "pos=4" part of the FunctionQuery is coming from.
>
> My Solr version is 1.4.1.
>
> Has anyone a hint why i'm getting this error?

From http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery#min - min() is 3.2 (though I think that really means 3.1 now, right??).  Definitely not in 1.4.1.

	Erik