Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Evangelos Vlachogiannis <ev...@aegean.gr> on 2006/11/10 15:25:39 UTC

permissions howto

Hi list,

is there any documentation for the meaning of these:

Apply only on the current cms object
Apply on all documents & each subfolders
Apply on this level (not on subfolders)

If I need to have a "users" folder under root and in there "X" user
folders with only/full persmission to X user how should I set up?

regards,
Vangelis

Re: permissions howto

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evangelos,

> is there any documentation for the meaning of these:
>
> Apply only on the current cms object

Apply the desired permission only on the current object (selected in
the Graffito browser).

> Apply on all documents & each subfolders
If the current object displayed in the Graffito browser is a folder,
apply the desired permission on all folder children (documents &
subfolders) recursively.

> Apply on this level (not on subfolders)
If the current object displayed in the Graffito browser is a folder ,
apply the desired permission on all folder children ( not recursively
).

> If I need to have a "users" folder under root and in there "X" user
> folders with only/full permission to X user how should I set up?

This is only an example :
/JetspeedDs (root folder)  :
     Apply on this level (not on subfolders)  	view  	 /role/user
     Apply on all documents & each subfolders  	all  	 /role/admin
/JetspeedDs/users
     Nothing
//JetspeedDs/users/christophe
        Apply on all documents & each subfolders  	all  	 /user/christophe
	Apply only on the current cms object 	all 	/user/christophe

        The last one is not mandatory. It can be used if the user
christophe is authorized to modify its folder attributes (description,
title).

With the default configuration, the portal users cannot access to the
edit mode for the Graffito browser. This has to be reviewed for your
use cases (and find a way to disable some action in the edit mode).

HTH
Christophe