Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2017/06/30 16:43:09 UTC

FastCGI env-vars

In any case, I think HEAD of the perl test framework is finally in
shape to test and catch expectations regarding how we
handle FCGI env-vars, both in "generic" situations as well
as how php-fpm sees/expects them. At least, the current
rev "passes" all tests based on my assumptions on what
those expected values should be (based on my reading of
the RFCs and the examples given in the various PRs)...

Currently we test FastCGI as implemented in Perl, php-fpm
using Location and Action/Handler, and php-fpm with "standard"
ProxyPass.

We have room for corrections and/or more tests :)

Re: FastCGI env-vars

Posted by Jacob Champion <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 07/02/2017 08:44 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> I'm reading https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3875#section-4.1.5 as the
> PATH_INFO is entirely distinct from QUERY_STRING.

Right. SCRIPT_NAME, PATH_INFO, and QUERY_STRING are intended to be three
distinct parts of the Script-URI (see Section 3.3). I.e. you should be
able to percent-encode and concatenate them (with the correct
delimiters) to get an equivalent URI.

--Jacob

Re: FastCGI env-vars

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: FastCGI env-vars

Re: FastCGI env-vars

Posted by Jacob Champion <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 06/30/2017 09:43 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> In any case, I think HEAD of the perl test framework is finally in
> shape to test and catch expectations regarding how we
> handle FCGI env-vars, both in "generic" situations as well
> as how php-fpm sees/expects them. At least, the current
> rev "passes" all tests based on my assumptions on what
> those expected values should be (based on my reading of
> the RFCs and the examples given in the various PRs)...

Thanks for all your work on the framework! The new FPM tests look good
to me, and they pass with both 2.4.20 and trunk, which is a good sign.

--Jacob