Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ANTIGEN_MATRIX <AN...@vaultus.com> on 2001/05/09 23:52:03 UTC

Antigen found =*.vbs file

Antigen for Exchange found homepage.HTML.vbs matching =*.vbs file filter.
The file is currently Removed.  The message, "Rejected Message", was
sent from morianos@lastminutetravel.com and was discovered in IMC
Queues\Inbound
located at MobileLogic/Denver/MATRIX.

Re: Antigen found =*.vbs file

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 05:07 PM 5/9/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>With all these "virus found" messages, I wonder if the cure is worse
>than the disease!

ITN News Direct 97.3 in London just reported
about this virus. Apparently as well as the
usual Outlook virus action of sending copies
of itself to everyone in your virus buffer
(I mean "address book", sorry) it opens up
a browser to one of four porn site urls.
Nice. You Windows users best not double
click that sucker in the office. If you are
irresponsible to click on a vbasic script
you get through email to begin with.

RE: Antigen found =*.vbs file (off topic)

Posted by "G.Nagarajan" <gn...@dkf.de>.
maybe use xml messaging? looks like a great idea.

>With all these "virus found" messages, I wonder if the cure is worse
>than the disease!

No kidding. All the email sentries are email each
other with attachment alerts. It would be cool if
they instead could talk to each other like "I just
found a virus, did you find a virus? What's its file
name?" and etc. Like a dns database, just update
each other on the status of this attachment.

Re: Antigen found =*.vbs file

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.

Re: Antigen found =*.vbs file

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 9 May 2001, ANTIGEN_MATRIX wrote:

> Antigen for Exchange found homepage.HTML.vbs matching =*.vbs file filter.
> The file is currently Removed.  The message, "Rejected Message", was
> sent from morianos@lastminutetravel.com and was discovered in IMC
> Queues\Inbound
> located at MobileLogic/Denver/MATRIX.

With all these "virus found" messages, I wonder if the cure is worse
than the disease!

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu