Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/10/26 02:04:28 UTC

bad merge at r209670 (Was: break existing functionality: HTML2document.xsl)

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> >[This is not directed at anyone in particular, we are all, including me,
> >responsible for the oversight of our code base]
> >
> >The behaviour of the html-to-document.xsl has been changed recently.
> >This has already caused problems for a user and now for me.
> >
> >In short an HTML page has to start with an <h1> again (used to start
> >with anything but then insist on correct ordering after that). In
> >addition the error message when the document does not conform to the
> >proper structure has gone, now it just stops processing.
> >
> >We need to be more careful not to break existing functionality when
> >making changes to our code base.
>
> I've done some detective work I found where I added this functionality
> in (in the locationmap branch [1]), and I found where it was removed
> (when the branch was merged [2]). It looks like a bad merge.

Youch. Then we need to look at all the other files involved
in that merge:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?diff_format=h&rev=209670&view=rev
"svn merge -r190293:head from lm to trunk. That finished the merge of the lm AFAIK."

That log message says "finished the merge" so i presume
that there was other merging before that.

-David

Re: bad merge at r209670 (Was: break existing functionality: HTML2document.xsl)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 26-10-2005 a las 10:04 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:
> > >[This is not directed at anyone in particular, we are all, including me,
> > >responsible for the oversight of our code base]
> > >
> > >The behaviour of the html-to-document.xsl has been changed recently.
> > >This has already caused problems for a user and now for me.
> > >
> > >In short an HTML page has to start with an <h1> again (used to start
> > >with anything but then insist on correct ordering after that). In
> > >addition the error message when the document does not conform to the
> > >proper structure has gone, now it just stops processing.
> > >
> > >We need to be more careful not to break existing functionality when
> > >making changes to our code base.
> >
> > I've done some detective work I found where I added this functionality
> > in (in the locationmap branch [1]), and I found where it was removed
> > (when the branch was merged [2]). It looks like a bad merge.
>
> Youch. Then we need to look at all the other files involved
> in that merge:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?diff_format=h&rev=209670&view=rev
> "svn merge -r190293:head from lm to trunk. That finished the merge of the lm AFAIK."

Doh! Sorry it seems to me it what me. :(

> That log message says "finished the merge" so i presume
> that there was other merging before that.

I can remember that I merged the view stuff in another commit before.
Will investigate.

salu2

--
thorsten