Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 17:32:30 UTC

Enjoy the power of iBatis3 + google-guice2

Hi Guys,
a friend of mine and I are developing a mini-library that alleviates
to the users the issue of creating and injecting iBatis objects
through Google Guice 2, it is public, released under the friendly
Apache 2 license and you can find it - still snapshot release - on
google-code[1].
It also integrates other nice tools that are perfectly designed to
cooperate with iBatis, it would be nice if iBatis users that are used
to DI through Guice could provide us both positive and negatives
feedbacks.
Best Regards,

Simone Tripodi
Marco Speranza

[1] http://ibaguice.googlecode.com/svn/site/1.0-SNAPSHOT/index.html

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/simone.tripodi

RE: Enjoy the power of iBatis3 + google-guice2

Posted by OBender <os...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Are you guys planning on supporting something like @Transaction attribute via Guice AOP and iBatis TX manager?

Thanks,
OBender

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuri,
Yes it is possible, in your scenario to make the sqlmaps participate
in one single transaction you have to work a little and rollbacks all
the transacions when one rise an exception/error.
There's no immediate solution that I know, but that doesn't mean
that's not possible.
Best regards!
Simo

Posted by Yuri de Wit <yd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simoni,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yuri,

Posted by Yuri de Wit <yd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simone,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stef,
thanks for your interest on our small effort :)
See my comments below:

> Sounds extremely interesting...
> Does it also have the ability to rollback transactions and wrap Ibatis
> exceptions into some generic DataAccessException class?

Sure, as described in the small table in
http://ibaguice.googlecode.com/svn/site/1.0-SNAPSHOT/dao.html, you can
do it simply by rewriting your code as:

@com.ibaguice.extensions.dao.Transactional(rethrowExceptionsAs =
DataAccessException.class)
public void doFooBar() {
    FooMapper fooMapper =
this.getCurrentSqlSession().getMapper(FooMapper.class);
    fooMapper.doFoo();

    BarMapper barMapper =
this.getCurrentSqlSession().getMapper(BarMapper.class);
    barMapper.doBar();
}

The constraint is you've to implement the DataAccessException with the
<Throwable> argument, so you take also the cause.

> It would be great for people like me who (refuse / can't afford) to use
> Spring because of all its requirements and design constraints.

That's why we started working in that way, we thought the same!!! And
that's why, since we're integrating 3rd parts libraries, we splitted
the project in multi modules to avoid users have to take in their
applications the *huge* framework, but just what they need!!!

Don't hesitate writing me if you need to know more, I'm very pleased
to provide you all the informations you need.
Thanks again, have a nice holiday season,
Simone

Posted by stefcl <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi all guys,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clinton,

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi OBender,
thank you very very much for your hints!!! I'll give e deep look at
the spring transaction layer implementation - I'm quite a newbie on
that area - so I'll start implementing something useful ASAP. I'll let
you know how things are going and feel free to contact us whenever you
want.
Take care, see you!
Simone

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.