Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2014/02/15 00:15:00 UTC

jclouds at SXSW Interactive on March 9, 2014

Hi All,

I had a workshop accepted at SXSW Interactive [1] this year titled

Cloud Portability with Multi-Cloud Toolkits [2]

March 9, 2014
11:00 AM
150 minutes

Take control of your application's future by making it portable in the present.

Changes in reliability, performance, cost, and privacy in the cloud may drive you to consider alternative public, private, or hybrid clouds. Planning for cloud portability upfront can be crucial in avoiding lock-in. The tools you use to interact with the cloud will play a large part in how easy it is to move your app between clouds.

In this workshop we'll cover cloud basics and how to effectively use toolkits that operate across multiple clouds. You'll work through examples of multi-cloud apps in Java, Node.js, Python, or Ruby and go home with recipes for building your own portable cloud applications.

If you’re attending SXSW Interactive, it would be great to see you there!

Thanks,
Everett

[1] http://sxsw.com/interactive
[2] https://sup.sxsw.com/schedule/IAP17712

Re: jclouds at SXSW Interactive on March 9, 2014

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Congrats! Perhaps the cloud-storage-workshop [1] stuff can come in
handy in helping you put some material together. Let me know if you'd
like any review feedback or similar!

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cloud-storage-workshop