Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Justin Kennedy <ju...@consortio.com> on 2001/02/05 20:26:11 UTC

my forms are not auto-repopulating

Hi all,

I have 5 text fields in my logon.jsp and all are required, so when I fill
out only four, my LogonForm.validate() fails and returns to logon.jsp with
all form fields empty.

It works for the struts-example, and I more of less copied what was being
done there.

I notice it does work if I change the scope to 'session', but I don't want
to do this.

I'm using the latest nightly, but it was working for 0.5 if that will yield
any clues.

here's what the entry looks like in my struts-config.xml:
    <!-- Logon form bean -->
    <form-bean      name="logonForm"
                    type="com.admin.forms.LogonForm"/>

    <!-- Logon -->
    <action    path="/logon"
               type="com.admin.actions.LogonAction"
               name="logonForm"
               scope="request"
               input="/logon.jsp">
    </action>

thanx
-Justin

Re: What is the use of ActionFormBean?

Posted by ma...@tumbleweed.com.
The ActionFormBean class is used by Struts internally to handle form bean
definitions parsed from the <form-beans> section of the struts-config.xml
file. You should not confuse this with the ActionForm class, which is
JavaBean class used as a base class for your own form beans.

Hope this helps.

--
Martin Cooper
Tumbleweed Communications