Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by jimfcarroll <ji...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/19 22:25:33 UTC

Ignite affinity hashing doesn't consider docker as a possibility

It looks like it's impossible to run Ignite on 2 different nodes in bridge
mode even with setting your own AddressResolver. The affinity hashing uses
the NON resolved addresses as the "unique" hash for the data slice
indicator. Inside of a docker container, running on different machines,
these are likely to be the same, even though they obviously aren't. If the
resolution took into account the external addresses, this would work.

Is there a means to override the affinity.

Re: Ignite affinity hashing doesn't consider docker as a possibility

Posted by jimfcarroll <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. That looks like the right approach.

Re: Ignite affinity hashing doesn't consider docker as a possibility

Posted by Andrey Gura <ag...@apache.org>.
Hi!

You can override the affinity function (see
CacheConfiguration.setAffinity()) but from my point of view better way
to solve you problem is providing node consistent ID (see
IgniteConfiguration.setConsistetId()).