Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/17 21:15:56 UTC

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Scout 0.5 release will be done the way it is.

Once we add the asynchronous feature  required by the
JAXR 1.0 spec, we will do the Scout 1.0 release.

Before we do the 1.0 release, we can see if there is
really any major incentive in removing the juddi data
types and bringing in XMLBeans.

At Scout and jUDDI, we have always fostered pluggable
deployments.

Using juddi data types is an internal implementation
detail of Scout.  So there are no issues with using
XMLBeans as an internal implementation detail. But we
need to investigate and test.

I will have to look at XMLBeans a bit further.

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@gmail.com>.
>> Steve, I did not get your point about jUDDI does not
>> intend to support ebxml (apples and oranges. ;) ) I
>> presume you were talking about the juddi proxy.
 Generally speaking, we've no intention supporting the ebXML API in the
proxy or the registry (in other words ... no plans for the jUDDI registry to
support ebXML requests).
 Steve

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 :)

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.
> [...]

> XMLBeans and eliminating
> > Scout's dependency on jUDDI.
> >
> > Steve
> >

> > On 8/18/05, Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>
> wrote:

> people who use juddi want to
> xmlbeans jars (EXACTLY the
> case scenario here is
> xmlbeans or juddi types.
> let me know if this is ok
> > > >

> > > It actually seems that the types used by jUDDI
> are unrelated (i.e. they
> > > should be) to the ones used by Scout (except for
> some JARX types to UDDI
> > > or ebXML mapping defined by the JAXR spec).
> > >
> > > Scout and jUDDI should only communicate using
> SOAP messages and be
> > > completely independent code-wise.
> > >
> > > So jUDDI can continue to use its own types (UDDI
> types?) and Scout can
> > > switch to the more independent XMLBeans, as it

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Guillaume,

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Anil Saldhana <an...@yahoo.com>.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Fernando Nasser <fn...@redhat.com>.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Fernando,

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@gmail.com>.
My apologies for not jumping in on this conversation earlier.
 It's unlikely that we'll attempt to move jUDDI to use XMLBeans anytime soon
though I think it's an interesting idea.
 If classloading and the jUDDI dependencies is the driving force behind this
issue can't this be addressed by packaging jUDDI into different jars. I'm
95% certain that the jUDDI classes which Scout leverages (datatypes and
handlers mostly) do not have any dependencies outside of the standard java
packages (java.**) and W3C packages (org.w3c.**). If jUDDI is split into a
juddi_proxy.jar and a juddi_registry.jar (as it once was) then Scout would
only require the much smaller and semi-independent juddi_proxy.jar which
would contain only datatypes and handlers.
 Just my two cents ... I'm not against the XMLBeans option just want to
assist in finding the right solution with the least effort and impact.

Re: Scout and jUDDI

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Fernando,

--