Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Roshan Naik <ro...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/01 02:07:22 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Storm 2.0.0 (rc4)

Hi Taylor,  Looks like this vote and the one for v1.2.3 has been open for quite a while. Any reason to not close it and move forward ?Roshan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 9:25 AM, Hugo Louro <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 to continuing with release candidate.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hey Roshan,

A couple factors: A big release, comments/feedback trickling in, and my having started a new position that’s got me really busy (though not out of the loop). I need to find some time to write up the release announcement, which I hope to do over the weekend.

Tomorrow I’ll close all the votes, and publish the 1.1.x and 1.2.x artifacts and announcements.

After this round of releases, I’d like to discussion about rotating release managers, and as we’ve discussed before, breaking up some components to version them independently.

I don’t want to be the bottleneck. ;)

-Taylor