Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2020/04/14 20:47:02 UTC

Re: Jenkins job log4j/master#47 failed

Matt,

Pipelines may be great but what are we supposed to do if you get hit by a truck?  Once again I have no idea why the build is failing, how to figure it out, or even what to look at to try to figure it out.

If the build is going to work this way you really need to document how it works and what to look for if it fails in confluence.

Ralph

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Turns out the error was because I had added -Djenkins to the windows
build which was only meant for the linux build apparently. That system
property activates a maven property for locating jconsole.jar looks
like. That's a fragile build area (e.g., that same module doesn't
compile in Java 9+).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Jenkins job log4j/master#47 failed