Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by rs...@us.ibm.com on 2002/07/09 18:35:49 UTC

Re: [VOTE: commons-discovery] Promoting discovery from sandbox

OK, so consider this the formal proposal to vote.  What happens when the
VOTE is proposed AFTER four +1's, and no -1's?  :-)

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Discovery is a simple JAR file that implements a discovery pattern used
> frequently (commons-logging is latest, AXIS is coming) for finding
> implementations of interfaces/abstract classes.  I believe that it covers
> the basics.
>
> Since it is small in scope, I am moving to get this out of the sandbox
> after a quick submission/review process by interested individuals, with
the
> intent of integrating with commons-logging in the very near future (other
> projects are of course welcome to adopt).
>
> Bottom Line:  I've reviewed the charter, & the process to follow is not
> clear to me.  What's the next step?  Vote?

My understanding is that a vote is needed, and you need 3 +1 ( and more
+1 than -1 ). Well, I'm not very sure - but a vote is clearly needed,
and if you get -1s or less than 3 +1s we can call our lawyers.

I'm +1 on the proposal ( if you make it :-), add me in.

Hopefully Jaxp (in xml-commons) and maybe ant will also use this.

Costin

org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.
org>

Re: [VOTE: commons-discovery] Promoting discovery from sandbox

Posted by Morgan Delagrange <md...@yahoo.com>.
You'll probably want to wait until tomorrow morning to
starting moving things around though.  It's good
practice to let the vote run for at least a day.

--- costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
> > OK, so consider this the formal proposal to vote.
> What happens when the
> > VOTE is proposed AFTER four +1's, and no -1's?
> :-)
>
> - move it to jakarta-commons ( please also cvs
> remove it from sandbox).
>
> - Make sure it follows the same layout with the
> other commons components.
>
> - Write a gump descriptor and send it to Sam.
>
> - Plan a 1.0 release.
>
> - put it to vote
>
> - Release 1.0
>
> - Start getting other projects to use
> commons-discovery.
>
> Costin

> > Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
> > CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
> > IBM WebSphere Development
> >

> > On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
> >
> > > Discovery is a simple JAR file that implements a
> discovery pattern used
> > > frequently (commons-logging is latest, AXIS is
> coming) for finding
> > > implementations of interfaces/abstract classes.
> I believe that it covers
> > > the basics.
> > >
> > > Since it is small in scope, I am moving to get
> this out of the sandbox
> > > after a quick submission/review process by
> interested individuals, with
> > the
> > > intent of integrating with commons-logging in
> the very near future (other
> > > projects are of course welcome to adopt).
> > >
> > > Bottom Line:  I've reviewed the charter, & the
> process to follow is not
> > > clear to me.  What's the next step?  Vote?
> >
> > My understanding is that a vote is needed, and you
> need 3 +1 ( and more
> > +1 than -1 ). Well, I'm not very sure - but a vote
> is clearly needed,
> > and if you get -1s or less than 3 +1s we can call
> our lawyers.
> >
> > I'm +1 on the proposal ( if you make it :-), add
> me in.
> >
> > Hopefully Jaxp (in xml-commons) and maybe ant will
> also use this.
> >
> > Costin
> >

> > --
> > org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.
> > org>

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons
http://axion.tigris.org

Re: [VOTE: commons-discovery] Promoting discovery from sandbox

Posted by co...@covalent.net.

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
> OK, so consider this the formal proposal to vote.  What happens when the
> VOTE is proposed AFTER four +1's, and no -1's?  :-)

:)

Now that this is officially a vote, +1 from me on promotion from
sandbox.

regards,
michael