Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by David Carew <dc...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/07 19:49:28 UTC

Ignore errors from Maven plugin

I'm not that familiar with Maven (so  this might be a general question)  but
I'm trying to build and deploy my project using the Geronimo Maven plugin
(for the deployment part). I'm running these commands:  stop, undeploy,
distribute, start  (in that order).  Before my project is initially
deployed,  stop will  cause errors  and Maven terminates.  Is there a way to
configure Maven to ignore the errors from stop and undeploy  so that I don't
have to find another way to deploy the very first time ?

Re: Ignore errors from Maven plugin

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:49 AM, David Carew wrote:

> I'm not that familiar with Maven (so  this might be a general
> question)  but I'm trying to build and deploy my project using the
> Geronimo Maven plugin (for the deployment part). I'm running these
> commands:  stop, undeploy, distribute, start  (in that order).
> Before my project is initially deployed,  stop will  cause errors
> and Maven terminates.  Is there a way to configure Maven to ignore
> the errors from stop and undeploy  so that I don't have to find
> another way to deploy the very first time ?

Not that I know of.  I suggest you use more goals: one to distribute
+ start, one to stop + undeploy, and possibly a combination goal. I
suppose we could add a flag to prevent maven errors if the stop/
undeploy don't have a target...

thanks
david jencks