Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hewitt, Christopher" <Ch...@tdsecurities.com> on 2005/03/03 22:36:30 UTC

Axis + Tomcat - Threads question

Hi,

I'm running a service in Application scope, and am having trouble configuring the number of threads the service uses.
>From what I can gather, this is a tomcat/ajp related setting, but am having no luck there.

For both my http and ajp connectors, I set maxThreads="1" minSpareThreads="0" maxSpareThreads="1", as a test.
When I run a looping client against a service that returns the current thread's name, I notice that the thread name changes.
>From my tomcat settings, I figured it should always be the same, and not range between a handful of values.

Is axis spawning more threads on its own?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
christopher.hewitt@tdsecurities.com