Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by davedrinkbeer <da...@wal-mart.com> on 2015/10/20 18:24:58 UTC

Hawtio trace causes InputStream body to dissapear

I am making a to() call with http4 component and the result is of type
InputStream.
I am using convertBodyTo(String.class) to convert the InputStream to String
so it can be read again.
I have also enabled stream caching so the stream can be read multiple times,
but when using "trace" option in hawtio console, I can only see the stream
once and then the body disappears.  Note, this works fine, when not using
trace in hawtio...seems like a bug.

Some code for reference...

//global stream cache set on camel context
Injector injector = Guice.createInjector(modules);
GuiceCamelContext context =
(GuiceCamelContext)injector.getInstance(CamelContext.class);
context.setStreamCaching(true);

//route
.to(gatewayStatusUrl)
.convertBodyTo(String.class)

//I have even tried a bean to manually convert the InputStream to String,
but get same results, lose body
.to(gatewayStatusUrl)
.bean(InputStreamConverter.class, "convertTo")