Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2020/10/12 19:03:36 UTC

[DRAFT][Report] Apache Rya board report for October 2020

Hi,

The ASF Board report is due on Wednesday. I started a draft below. Please
let me know if you have any comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Adina

The mission of Apache Rya is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to scalable storage, retrieval, and analysis of RDF data

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention

## Membership Data:
Apache Rya was founded 2019-09-17 (a year ago)
There are currently 12 committers and 11 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Adina Crainiceanu on 2019-09-17.
- No new committers were added.

## Project Activity:
-Last release was Rya version 4.0.0 (incubating) released on July 27, 2019
-Slowly working on first release as TLP - we have a volunteer as release
manager and we are working on updating the dependencies

## Community Health:
-101 subscribers to the dev list
-dev@rya.apache.org had a 133% increase in traffic in the past quarter
(28 emails compared to 12)
-1 PR closed on Github, past quarter (100% increase)
-2 PRs opened and under review
-1 issue opened in JIRA, past quarter (-87% decrease)
-1 issue closed in JIRA, past quarter (-83% decrease)

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
Professor