Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/06/17 00:14:36 UTC

Netbeans 12.0 doesn't start

Hi,
I just had a fresh install of Netbeans 12.0 on a new machine. I can't start the IDE because it is looking for the JDK in a directory that no longer exists. How can I circumvent this issue?
Thanks

Re: Netbeans 12.0 doesn't start

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Thanks. It worked.

    On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 5:27:13 PM PDT, Vlad Palnik <vl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Make sure java is installed, run in terminaljava -version

Go to /netbeansInstallationDirectory/etcEdit netbeans.conf
Setnetbeans_jdkhome="path/to/jdk"variable to correct jdk location
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email, delete this email and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized.

Fwd: Netbeans 12.0 doesn't start

Posted by Vlad Palnik <vl...@gmail.com>.
Make sure java is installed, run in terminal
java -version

Go to /netbeansInstallationDirectory/etc
Edit  netbeans.conf

Set
netbeans_jdkhome="path/to/jdk"
variable to correct jdk location

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return email, delete this email and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.

Virus-free.
<#m_6115016460298562053_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>