Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/18 02:17:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Team,

First, congrats on getting 0.5.0 out the door.  Very nice release with
excellent new features, enhancements, and bug fixes with involvement
of many new contributors.

The effort toward 0.6.0 is well underway and if we are shooting for
our original target would still arrive around mid march-ish.  Seems
reasonable given progress so far.

That said, I'd like to propose we go ahead and put out an 0.5.1 as
soon as the patches are addressed.  The finding that Lars helped
expose and that Mark Payne is now working  [1] in my view warrants a
release by itself as it is data loss related.  Also, we can address
the work Matt Gilman is doing to ensure properly authorized users can
access resources they're being blocked by [2] and the license/notice
findings Sean discovered during the last release [3].  There are a
couple odd/ends in the list as well [4].  Purely a bug fix release as
spec'd out in release notes [5].

I checked with Tony and he is happy to continue performing RM tasks on
the 0.5.x line.

[4] https://s.apache.org/nifi-0.5.1-candidate
[5] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes

Thanks
Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
I hope to have a patch for NIFI-1542 this afternoon, unless I run into
problems.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, now working off 2a459fe21c708c8316dd255c3dc7f8254e7940f1

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
1536 will be in shortly

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
sunday works for me.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Brandon DeVries <br...@jhu.edu>.
+1 for getting 0.5.1 out the door sooner rather than later.  Like you
said... if the other tickets get sorted out in a week or so, we can do
0.5.2.  Otherwise, 0.6.0 isn't that far off.  But a fix involving data loss
is worth doing quickly.

Brandon

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
So I am working in Kafka and while its a bug it’s not easy to fix with the current state of things (see more details here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1534)
So, there need to be some refactoring within NiFi core to address it right, so I’ve just changed the target to be 0.6.0.

For the time being, we know about Kafka issue and we know that it’s not an issue unless Run-duration > 0. So until 0.6 we should simply recommend to not use Run-duartion with PutKafka.

Cheers
Oleg

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.